Friday, June 8, 2007

Pixies - Surfer Rosa (1988)


The Pixies' first album is a beautiful thing indeed. It is definitely my favorite Pixies album with its raw alternative sound. I really love the interplay of the male and female vocals from Black Francis and Kim Deal. The guitars are aggressive and the songs are energetic and catchy. Check out this great album and then check out the rest of their stuff. Doolittle, their second album, is more popular but I think that this one is really better.

Band Lineup:

Black Francis - Vocals, Guitar
Mrs. John Murphy (Kim Deal) - Bass, Vocals
Joey Santiago - Lead Guitar
Dave Lovering - Drums

My favorite tracks: Bone Machine, Something Against You, River Euphrates, Where's My Mind, Oh My Golly!, I'm Amazed, and Brick is Red. I do realize that that is pretty much the whole album but its a great album so I don't care.

Track List

1. Bone Machine
2. Break My Body
3. Something Against You
4. Broken Face
5. Gigantic
6. River Euphrates
7. Where Is My Mind?
8. Cactus
9. Tony's Theme
10. Oh My Golly!
11. Vamos
12. I'm Amazed
13. Brick Is Red

DL

JOn

No comments: