Friday, June 8, 2007

The Breeders - Last Splash (1993)


This great album is Kim Deal (of Pixies fame) and her twin sister Kelley. The album is catchy and I just can't get enough of it. There is just something about female vocals in rock that really works for me. Anyways great album, great songs, I'm sure you will recognize Cannonball.

Band Lineup:

Kim Deal - Vocals, Guitar, Moog, Casiotone
Kelley Deal - Guitar, Vocals (and lead vocals on I Just Wanna Get Along)
Josephine Wiggs - Bass, Vocals, Cello, Drums on Roi
Jim MacPherson - Drums
with
Carrie Bradley - Violin, Vocals

My favorite tracks:
Drivin' On 9 esp. but really the whole album, not a bad track in the bunch.

Track List:

1. New Year
2. Cannonball
3. Invisible Man
4. No Aloha
5. Roi
6. Do You Love Me Now?
7. Flipside
8. I Just Wanna Get Along
9. Mad Lucas
10. Divine Hammer
11. S.O.S.
12. Hag
13. Saints
14. Drivin' On 9
15. Roi (Reprise)

DL


JOn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you that me recall when I was 15 years old

Unknown said...

:)